Begin the Beguine...

Right. So here I am on a miserable rainy day ( don't give me this crap about how much we need it, I want to wallow in my precipitation gloom thank you very much), a day which shall go down in the annals as the day I finally started this infernal blog. I have been meaning to start one for a while now and my brilliant partner and best friend Sophie has been egging me on and so here I am. Egged. Usually at no loss for words or opinions, not sure I have much of great relevance to say today on horses or any other subject. Except to say I read a terrific anecdote from Lincoln last night in which he tried to outfox a rival who bet him that whatever horses they brought to trade, the other was obliged to take it or suffer the loss of $50. So of course the rival turns up dragging the sorriest bag-o-bones horse you've ever laid eyes on while Abe arrived with a sawhorse over his shoulder. Abe said he thought he definitely got the worse end of the deal...

Have just gotten off the phone with a client who reminded me mid-conversation that Louis XIV said dismissively that the Dutch were " a tiny nation of shopkeepers". I absolutely ADORE that someone managed to work that tidbit into a conversation about Friesians!


3 Comments:

Sophiadia said...

Blogging was designed for you dear "raised by wolves"! Congratulations on getting your first missive distilled down into web format. We look forward to many more!
xxx

Arabian Fancy said...

Looks GREAT!!

Sophiadia said...

Better than being a nation of tiny shopkeepers.